Who We Help and How
Louisa Domestic Violence Service has operated in the Queanbeyan/Palerang Region for over 30 years.
We are part of a not for profit community based organisation, Molonglo Support Services, which provides domestic and family violence support services to children, women and men.
We aim to increase community awareness about the devastating effects of domestic and family violence on families and to provide clients with the support they need to live a life free from violence and abuse.
What We Offer
- Early intervention and outreach support for people experiencing domestic and family violence to stay safely in their own home
- Secure crisis accommodation for women with or without children escaping domestic and family violence.
- Supported accommodation for families, men and women with or without children.
- Assistance to find stable housing.
- Advice, information and referrals in relation to financial, legal, health, education and employment problems
- Emotional support and understanding
- Support for children who may be experiencing trauma and stress due to family or domestic violence.
- We also provide structured childcare, parenting support, group work and school holiday activities for children.