Our philosophy and objectives
Louisa Domestic Violence Service is part of Molonglo Support Services. As such it adheres to the philosophy and objectives of Molonglo. These are as follows:
Molonglo Support Services provides support and accommodation to victims of domestic and family violence and homelessness regardless of age, gender, cultural or ethnic background. We adhere to a feminist understanding of domestic and family violence, informed by research and current trends, and seek to redress all forms of disadvantage and discrimination in our society that affect our clients. We respect the individuality, dignity, privacy and confidentiality of our clients.
- To provide a range of support services for homeless women, children and men in the Queanbeyan and surrounding area.
- To engage in early intervention measures with women, children and men at risk of becoming homeless to enable them to maintain tenancies or ownership of safe, secure and affordable housing.
- To set up and maintain secure, safe and affordable housing for the purpose of providing crisis, medium term and long term accommodation for homeless women, children and men.
- To provide a range of support services and crisis accommodation to all victims of domestic violence.
- To provide a range of accommodation models to victims of domestic violence in their transition to safe, secure and affordable longer term housing.
- To provide support services including, but not limited to, assistance with legal matters, assistance with obtaining long term housing, and assistance with living skills and parenting, facilitating clients’ return to, or transition to, independent living.
- To provide advocacy and community education around domestic violence and homelessness and to represent the needs of our client group in the local community and at state and federal levels of government.
- To operate victims court advocacy services to improve legal outcomes for women seeking protection under the NSW court system.